Pure Silk Scarf for Violins
I am thrilled to be selling these gorgeous silk scarves from AMArts.
They are created from original artworks by the artist Andrew Richardson Medd, which are digitally scanned and printed onto 100% silk to create the perfect artwork to wrap your precious violin in. I fell in love with the designs at first sight and having now got them in my hands, and felt the quality, I am more than delighted. Available in various colour ways, they would make a wonderful gift for a violinist or why not treat yourself?
Pure Silk is the best material for keeping your violins protected from knocks and scrapes and also from the extremes of the heat and the cold. It is a protein fibre and is a non-conductor of heat similar to that of wool. Moreover, silk fabric does not attract dirt because of its smooth surface, thus keeping your instrument clean as well.
I had loads of fun photographing the violins wrapped in silk, matching the character of the violins (and their maker) with the fabric.
- Red Flame (Bright Red with some pink/orange hues and spots of off white):
Violin by Ludivine Brouillet
- Blue Ocean Wave (Varying hues of blue, grey, white)
Violin by Kyle Schultz
- Emerald Green and Gold (Vibrant bright green, changing to yellow ochre and gold with swirls of darker green)
Violin by Libby Summers
- Grey Seal (hues of grey, in a pattern reminiscent of a seal skin, swirls and pebbles)
Violin by Mathieu Fourrier
- Accidental Beauty (Vivid multi coloured abstract patterns in red, blue, green, orange, rust, pink)
Violin by Fabi Arimont