Finkel Violin Bow, Atelier Model
The Finkel workshop spans 4 generations of bowmaking tradition since its establishment in 1868.
This is a finely crafted professional grade bow hand selected by Stamford Strings' expert buyer. The 'Atelier' is the third level bow in the range from this workshop and has been produced for over 35 years. For professionals and advanced students.
- Finely crafted round stick in selected pernambuco.
- Plain polished ebony frog with three quarter slide and pearl eye detail.
- Silver faceplate
- One piece silver over ebony button.
- Sterling silver wire winding and leather thumb grip.
- Brands: 'Lefin' & 'Swiss made'
- Weight: c.60 grams
In 1984 his son Johannes Finkel took over the workshop and his daughter Daniela (born 1987) is now in the 5th generation of the trade.
The gold bows, the master bows by Finkel, are made from just a few sticks of the best pernambuco wood. They are manufactured with a perfect ebony frog with triple gold or mother-of-pearl eyes, with a gold or mother-of-pearl slide, a three-part gold ebony screw, a tip made of ivory imitation and an imitation whalebone lapping or gold wire, combined with thread. Thumb leather made from goat skin and bow hair of Mongolian horse hair.